I am such a sucker for trying out new beauty products. I can always walk into Sephora or Ulta needing one item and walk out with about 5 other products or samples that I just HAD to have. I am by no means a beauty expert, such as I still have NO clue how to contour on my own and all of my video tutorials I have tried have ended in epic fails. I thought I would share some of my tried and true favorite beauty, hair and skin care products that even a beginner can use and love.
Nars Laguna Bronzer (smaller size) | The Balm Hot Mama Blush | Nars Blush in Orgasm | e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow Kit | IT Cosmetics Heavenly Luxe Complextion Brush | Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer | IT Cosmetics Your Skin but Better CC Cream | Maybelline Lash Sensational Ludacris Mascara | Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lip Color | Benefit Don’t Stray Eyeshadow Primer | Mac Fast Response Eye Cream
- Bronzer: I have always heard so many amazing things about this Nars bronzer that I finally splurged and bought it to try out. For me, the color is perfect. It is not to cool or not to warm… so basically it doesn’t make you look orange. It also has only a slight shimmer and is easy to blend. I think it gives you the perfect sun kissed look! I purchased the large size and while the price tag is a little higher then I would normally spend, I know I will be able to use this bronzer for at least over a year. If you want to start with a smaller size, they have this option also.
- . Blush: When I use to receive Birchbox and Ipsy bags once a month, I received a sample of this blush and loved it so much that I purchased the full size. It is a pretty peachy-pink shade that has slight tints of gold shimmer to it. It works as a highlight product also and is great for days when I just need a little extra color and shine on my cheeks. I also listened to the hype I had heard on this blush and purchased it in the color “Orgasm” and also love it’s peachy-pink color. I feel this blush has more of a pink tone and less shimmer, so I wear this when I don’t feel like my cheeks need the extra shimmer highlight. It has fabulous quality and both options are great for a shimmer or matte version.
- Eyebrow Kit: I’m just about the worst when it comes to anything with my eyebrows. I thankfully found a place that I love to go to get them threaded but besides that I have never been big on filling them in. This kit is only $3 so I felt like I could give it a try and if I hated it I wouldn’t be too upset. This is now a key step in my makeup routine. You use the wax side to apply to your brows to keep all the hairs in place and then apply the brow powder to fill in your brows. For me, this is super easy and $3 well spent!
- Complexion Brush: I have always seen beauty bloggers/make up experts use make brushes for contour and such but I have always just used simple brushes for blush and bronzer. #Rookie. This brush truly changed the way I apply my make up. The larger size I use to apply my foundation or CC cream and the small side is perfect for concealer. Once I started using this brush I realized how much more even my make up application was…guess that’s why the beauty experts use the brushes!
- Concealer: I am always on the hunt for a concealer that can cover my dark circles and imperfections on my face. This concealer has become my go-to option because I like the liquid formula and the medium to full coverage it provides. Some days there just isn’t enough concealer in the world to cover the bags under my eyes, but this product just a fabulous job. I wear the medium Custard color for reference.
- CC Cream: Y’all this product is my holy grail. I have never been a big fan of wearing foundation because I always feel like it looked caked onto my face. In recent years, I have become a huge fan of BB and CC creams for light coverage. This CC cream was a huge game changer for me. It is highly pigmented and provides a full coverage without feeling heavy. It also has SPF 50+ UVA/UVB protection, which is huge for me since I always wear sunscreen to protect my face. You only need a little for a flawless look and it lasts all day. I would recommend this CC cream over and over to anyone!
- Mascara: I am always on the hunt for Mascara that makes my eyelashes longer and fuller… I mean what girl isn’t?! This mascara you can use one coat and it really gives your eyelashes that drama. It adds a lot of volume and length and really gives you that fanned out look on your eyelashes. For now, this is my current favorite mascara!
- Lip Color: No shame…. I own this lip color in three shades. It has a long lasting formula and the matte color doesn’t dry out your lips. The nude color, Seduction, pictured above is a great color for everyday use. If you are looking for a long-lasting moisturizing lip color, do yourself a favor and check this line out!
- Eye shadow Primer: I think we all know the frustration of applying the perfect eye shadow only to have it magically disappear off your eye after half the night. I mean where does it go anyways? To the land of missing single socks from the dryer??? Anyways, I received a sample of this primer from an order at Sephora and tried it out one night and guess what… my eye shadow stayed in place! This is especially great for the summer heat to help keep your make up from sweating away.
- Eye Cream: I was introduced to this eye cream while getting my make up done for a friends wedding. This. stuff. rocks. It really reduces the puffiness from under your eyes and helps tighten the skin. I always have a tube of this with me because sometimes, your eyes just need that extra help!
HAIR AND SKIN FAVORITES
- Flat Iron Spray: I use my straightener just about everyday. I have been using this flat iron spray for years to help protect my hair from the heat. I love the way it smells and will take anything that can help smooth my hair out from the lovely Houston humidity.
- Texturizer: This is another product I really couldn’t live without. I use it as a dry shampoo or just days when my hair needs some oomph. It smells incredible and doesn’t leave your hair feeling greasy and wet. I always make sure I have this with me when I travel because it truly works wonder for your hair.
- Clay Mask: This mask was one of those purchases I got sucked into buying while at the checkout line at Sephora. I bought the sample size because I just wasn’t sure if I wanted to cough up all that money for a clay mask. After using a few times, I really love that I can feel it tightening my skin while it is on. This is a great mask for when I feel like my skin is breaking out a lot or I just need a good skin refresh.
Use Code “CHAMP20” for 20% off all regular priced items through June 30, 2016.
If I had the funds to get a facial once a month I would. It is so good for your skin and not to mention relaxing. If you’re in Houston, you totally need to check out my facialist, Steven Merrill. I’ve been going to him for years and I swear he gives hands down, the best facial in Houston. Anyways, when I saw that this Collen Rothschild Radiant Cleansing Balm could be used as a mini facial I couldn’t wait to try it. Y’all…. this stuff is amazing! It dissolves eye makeup, face makeup, oil, and impurities off of your face. It also helps to clear congested pores, and it leaves your skin feeling really soft and hydrated. You apply a thick layer of the balm all over your face and then place the warm muslin towel (towel included) on your face for ten minutes. I was so relaxed I almost forgot I was at home. This balm left my face feeling clean, soft, moisturized, and not oily or greasy. Such a great product!
The Extreme Recovery Cream is great for those days when your skin just needs a little extra TLC. This cream provides moisture for dehydrated skin and also fight signs of fine lines and wrinkles while evening out skin tone and texture. The texture is thick which really lets your skin soak it all up. This cream is great right now after maybe just a little too much time in the sun.